Thames & Kosmos - Kids First Math: Number Balance
Math concepts come to life with Kids First Math: Number Balance. Take a hands-on approach to learning addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, greater than, less than, and even pre-algebra! Kids gain an intuitive grasp of numbers and equations as they place weights on the two sides of the balance and learn what values equal each other: 2 + 5 = 7; 3 x 3 = 8 +1; 6 > 3 + 2. The possibilities are endless! The two sides of the scale are decorated with a squirrel and a bird, helping kids differentiate the two sides of an equation. The colorful stickers on the balance show different representations of numbers, which support even the youngest of children to learn their numbers. An eight-page, full-color manual guides you in using the Number Balance to teach your child all of the math operations. Also included are 18 full-color challenge cards and adorable stickers to make learning fun. Download bonus worksheets from our website and find the appropriate level of challenge for your child.
- Kids will learn: number sense, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, greater than, less than, pre-algebra!
- High-quality math manipulative to help make abstract concepts concrete
- 8-page full-color manual aids parents and teachers as they guide instruction
- 18 included challenge cards
- Endless combinations for free play and individual exploration
- Colorful balance shows different representations of numbers
- Cute animals on the balance help kids understand equations
- A must-have manipulative for classroom or home learning settings
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD — Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.